The Red Desert 2 Day Tour and Camp-Out Trip with John Mionczynski
The Wyoming Red Desert is one of the most misunderstood and amazing ecosystems in North America. The Red Desert located in south central Wyoming covers an area of 9,320 square miles. John will take us on a caravan drive and hike through a fascinating part of the Red Desert. He will describe the unique flora and fauna of the region as well as exploring important archeological sites. If you have attended any of John's workshops this is a must. Those who have not attended before will experience fascinating ancient archeological sites along with a wide range of unique medicinal plants.
DATE & TIME: We will meet at 10:00 AM on Friday June 15th and will adjourn at 7:00 PM on Saturday June 16th.
LIMITED NUMBER OF ATTENDEES: The limit for this workshop is no more than 25 persons.
PLACE: South Pass Rest Stop #35 on Highway 28 just east of the Sweet Water River between Farson and South Pass.
ITEMS TO BRING
- Warm sleeping bag and pillow. You may sleep in your vehicle, in a tent you provide or on the ground. A thick sleeping pad is strongly suggested.
- Pack your own food with paper plates and utensils. We will be having at least 4 meal breaks on this trip. Bring snacks and other easy access foods as well. Camp Stove Strongly Encouraged along with camp cooking supplies.
- A back pack is essential.
- Bring 2 days worth of water. Please bring full water containers for the trip as you will need to stay hydrated.
- Make sure your gas tank is full at Farson, Wyoming if you are coming from Western Wyoming, or Lander if you are traveling Eastward through Lander.
- Dress for hiking which means you should bring shorts and tee shirts along with a pair of warm jeans or other hiking pants. Also bring a light jacket. Bring comfortable hiking shoes.
- Sunscreen is a must
- Insect repellant
- People should have a First Aid Kit that is easily accessible in your back pack or vehicle.
- Flash Light
Refund Policy: American Wilderness Botanicals' refund policy on this package tour is 50% refund from day of purchase through June 7, 2018. Beginning June 8th, 2018 there are no refunds. Those who have a need to cancel are strongly encouraged to contact me (Ben Scott) at (307) 690-8155 and transfer their place to another person who wishes to go. In other words this purchase is transferrable. Thank you.