The Red Desert 3 Day 2 Night Tour and Camp-Out Trip with John Mionczynski June 28-30th
For those of you who went last year this one is sure to be even more amazing covering much more of the Red Desert and much more in depth. For those of you who have never done this, the experience is sure to be one of the highlights of your life. The Wyoming Red Desert is one of the most misunderstood and amazing ecosystems in North America. The Red Desert located in south central Wyoming covers an area of 9,320 square miles. John Mionczynski (ethnobotanist, biologist, and historian) will take us on a caravan drive and hike through a fascinating part of the Red Desert. He will describe the unique flora (discussing plant medicine and plant use) and fauna of the region as well as exploring important archeological sites, fossil beds and geologic formations. If you have attended any of John's workshops this is a must.
DATE & TIME: We will me\et at 10:00 AM on Friday June 28th and will adjourn at 3:00 PM on Sunday June 30th.
LIMITED NUMBER OF ATTENDEES: There is a limit to the number of attendees so please make sure you sign up early to ensure your place.
VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS: We highly recommend that you bring an off-road vehicle for this trip. If you don't have an off-road vehicle with a clearance that is sufficiently high, we recommend you travel with someone who does. If you do decide to bring a vehicle that is not off-road that is your personal choice and you are responsible for any possible damage to your vehicle that may happen as a result.
PLACE: South Pass Rest Stop #35 on Highway 28 just east of the Sweet Water River between Farson and South Pass.
ITEMS TO BRING
- Sleeping bag and pillow. You may sleep in your vehicle, in a tent you provide or on the ground. A thick sleeping pad is strongly suggested.
- Pack your own food with paper plates and utensils. We will be having at least 4 meal breaks on this trip. Bring snacks and other easy access foods as well. Camp Stove Strongly Encouraged along with camp cooking supplies.
- A back pack is essential.
- Bring 2 days worth of water. Please bring full water containers for the trip as you will need to stay hydrated.
- Make sure your gas tank is full at Farson, Wyoming if you are coming from Western Wyoming, or Lander if you are traveling Eastward through Lander.
- Dress for hiking which means you should bring shorts and tee shirts along with a pair of warm jeans or other hiking pants. Also bring a light jacket. Bring comfortable hiking shoes.
- Sunscreen is a must
- Insect repellant
- People should have a First Aid Kit that is easily accessible in your back pack or vehicle.
- Flash Light
Waiver Signatures Required: Since there will be some climbing and hiking (easy to moderate) that we will be doing there is some risk to participants. Though highly unlikely, there is a risk of a fall and injury. American Wilderness Botanicals and John Mionczynski are not held responsible for any risk that a participant may choose to take.
Refund Policy: American Wilderness Botanicals' refund policy on this package tour is 50% refund from day of purchase through June 7, 2018. Beginning June 8th, 2018 there are no refunds. Those who have a need to cancel are strongly encouraged to contact me (Ben Scott Clark) at (307) 690-8155 and transfer their place to another person who wishes to go. In other words this purchase is transferrable. Thank you.